Friday, May 21, 2010

And so it begins.......

This week has been a fabulous one. Our best friends arrived from Ohio last Saturday for their annual visit. We celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary in awesomely grand style on Monday, the rest of this week has been spent in pursuit of nothing but total fun and frolic, the weather has been superb - life just doesn't get any better than this.

It is, however, an unwritten rule that one does have to pay for one's pleasures. And so I will, beginning next week. We contracted to have our front step and sidewalk redone, and said area is just crammed with plants. Unless I wish to very cavalierly toss aside a wealth of bulbs, perennials, passalong plants and roses, I have to get my hindquarters out there and start digging. Pronto. When we signed the contract at the end of April, I asked the guy when he thought he'd be starting work. "Mid-May" was the reply. I blanched and promptly said, "NO" (that was "Hell, no" mentally). If he had selected just about any other point in the calendar year, I'd have been good with it. But with housecleaning, Mother's Day, our friends arriving for our milestone anniversary and mail-order plants multiplying on the patio, he picked the single worst time of the year, bar none. He agreed to push it off until June, but as that's only 2 weeks away, I guess that means I have kick into high gear, grab a shovel and a couple of long-suffering garden friends and have at it. Whether I'm still alive, and more to the point - whether I get done before he arrives - will be the subject of future posts. Stay tuned.......

No comments:

Post a Comment