Monday, May 31, 2010

And The Madness Continues.....

Today is May 31. I emphasize that date, because this morning, I drove by my favorite farm stand and saw that they are open for business - selling strawberries. STRAWBERRIES. I have never in my life in the northern US had local strawberries before early June. Never. This is another one for the record books! As if that wasn't goofy enough, I also noticed that I have a fiery orange Oriental lily open along the front of the house. I've never seen one of these blooming in May that hadn't been forced in the greenhouse. However, I was gratified to notice that it was blooming alongside my 'Kopper Kettle' Itoh peony, with a blue delphinium poised to open in the middle of the other two - a handsome color combination if I do say so myself. And if I don't, who will?

No comments:

Post a Comment