Thursday, August 12, 2010

Corn Season

Well, it's been a while since my last post, but I've been busy with a wedding I booked earlier this year. It takes place tomorrow afternoon, Friday the 13th. (When I asked the bride how many people had given her a ration because of the date, she replied that her fiance wanted a date that would make their anniversary easier to remember! Nice touch.) I've done the flowers for the wedding; in fact, putting those together is how I spent my day today. The results are, if I do say so myself, pleasing. However, working intensely like that means that I'm not much interested in cooking anything elaborate. And now that it's corn season, I don't need to! Herewith is one of my favorite corn recipes. It originally comes from the New York Wine and Culinary Center (I've streamlined it a bit), it's dead simple and it's delicious. You can make it year-round using BirdsEye Steamfresh corn - no need to thaw/cook first.

Roasted Corn

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cut corn off the cob (as much as you need to supply your particular number of people). Put in a bowl, drizzle lightly with olive oil. Add ground thyme to taste, lightly salt and pepper. Stir to coat corn. Turn out onto a baking sheet and spread in a single layer. Bake at 375 for approximately 10 minutes.

Enjoy one of the best things about late summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment