Friday, August 13, 2010

Goin' to the Chapel.....

I just returned home from delivering the flowers I did for a wedding in Rochester, at the Colgate Divinity School. Wedding flowers are a hobby for me, something I just sort of fell into years ago. I started out doing silk flowers, then progressed to fresh after working for a florist for a couple years. I love working with fresh flowers; particularly coordinating shades and colors. The right combination of colors makes an arrangement simply sing!

Today's bride chose light and dark purple, with touches of blue and white. I made hand-tied bouquets with the two colors of lisianthus, light blue delphinium, small white asters, all centered around a large light blue hydrangea. The interplay of light and dark hues was striking, and of course, the hand-tied assembly gave the flowers the appearance of just having been picked from the garden. The bride was immensely pleased, so - job well done!

1 comment:

  1. You replied to my comment that your blog lacks photos, but your writing is interesting. I added you to my sidebar so that other readers may find your blog. I enjoy your posts. You are in a visual field and it would be great to get photos. Floral design is a fun field, and I am sure you would have much to teach the rest of us.Good luck with the photo end.

    ReplyDelete