Friday, December 11, 2009

Voles - The Never Ending Story

Well, we have now had our first serious snowfall and what to my wondering eyes did appear? Vole tracks in the flower bed in front of the house! !@#$%^&*!! (Translation: "I am so bloody sick and tired of voles") On the plus side, it's easy to see where the run is. There's only one, and it goes between a dianthus and a lavender. We're due to lose the snow by Monday, so once it's gone, out come the granules again. By God, I am going to win this war no matter what I have to do. Within reasonable limits, of course. For instance, dynamite is generally frowned upon, but there must be other ways that won't get me imprisoned or run out of town on a rail. I think I'll run "control methods for voles" up the Google flagpole, and see who salutes.......

No comments:

Post a Comment