Monday, December 28, 2009

Mission Accomplished??

Just before Christmas, our quarterly extermination visit occurred. This became necessary many years ago because just after purchasing our house, which had sat vacant for nearly a year, we found that mice from the fields surrounding us had taken up residence. (Just another good reason to own a cat - the premiere Early Warning System!) So from that time to this, we have had our quarterly visit. When the fellow was here, I pointed out the vole problem and asked to have a bait station placed out in the front bed. He obliged. Well - cautious optimism is in order here. We had a few inches of snow last night, and this morning and afternoon, there were no vole tracks anywhere. None. Not any. I am tempted to declare victory, but my Vermont ancestry will not let me be so immoderate. Time, I guess, will tell......

No comments:

Post a Comment