Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Sunday


The sun is nearly gone now, this cold and very blustery Easter Sunday.  Cold it may be (the temperature tonight is forecast for the low 20's and I fear for my beautiful pink magnolia buds), but spring really is bursting out all over.   Seemingly overnight the hyacinths and daffodils have emerged and flowered perfectly.  To be honest, some of my newest hyacinths look as if they bulked up on steroids over the winter - so fat and clublike, you could hurt someone with them! The sunny daffs are such a welcome sight, and now the specialty narcissus are ready to open up.  The minor bulbs have nearly faded, but the rush to fill in their spots proceeds at a breakneck pace.  Strangely, my forsythia has yet to make an appearance - but that's quibbling. My garden is like an Easter basket today - full of color, light and texture.  All that's missing is chocolate!

No comments:

Post a Comment