Thursday, March 31, 2011

March Goes Out - and None Too Soon!

Today is the last day of March, and I for one am damned glad of it. While indoor spring is fully cooperative, with nearly all my seed trays and propagators full of green seedlings, outdoor spring (or what passes for it at present) is another matter altogether. This morning, I woke up to a lawn and trees covered with snow. Again. Fortunately it had disappeared by noon, but it still honked me off. The only cheering note was that new crocus have come out, and now the striped squill is nearly ready to open. And I will confess, it could be worse - the eastern part of NY and much of New England stand to get upwards of a foot of snow tonight and tomorrow! So I'm trying not to whine overmuch. Still, I was going through some old magazines this afternoon, and I found a quote that pretty much encapsulates how I'm feeling about winter at this point in time. It's by a woman named Kathleen Norris. "There seems to be so much more winter than we need this year."

No comments:

Post a Comment