Saturday, April 9, 2011

A Perfect Spring Day - and It Better Last Through the Weekend!

Oh, to have had today free for gardening! Cloudless blue sky, temps in the 60's, a light breeze - what more could you ask for when there's cleanup to be done? Unfortunately, I had a garden club meeting, then other places to be after that. It was a good day regardless, but there IS cleanup to be done, and tomorrow is my day to do it. I hope. Tonight's weather forecast is for possible thunderstorms by afternoon. And I have to say, if that happens, I will have a crabby of Biblical proportions. This is the same thing that happened to me last fall. Every day that I was free all day for gardening, it was rainy and/or cold. Every day that I was tied up all day, the weather was superlative. It wasn't quite so bad when everything was dying, but now that growth is ramping up almost by the minute, every day counts. Already things are budded and ready to burst, so I really, really need tomorrow. We will see what the dawn brings.......

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean - I've had years like that, too! I hope you get to work outside soon - it's great for the mind, body and soul!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holley, I got my wish - I worked outside from 9 until 4:30 this afternoon! Naturally, everything takes longer than you think, but at least I got the front yard all done - now on to the back beds and fertilizing. Once I get that finished up, I'll be able to relax a bit!

    ReplyDelete