Thursday, June 24, 2010

Still More Madness

As I've noted before, this year has been one for the gardening record books. More evidence that the garden has gone mad:

- I noticed one day last week that I have a Phlox paniculata in bloom - one that typically doesn't show up until the end of July at the earliest.

- I cut my first sweet peas yesterday. I have never had sweet peas blooming before about July 10.

- The red hot pokers (Kniphofia) have come, and are nearly gone. Again, typically never showing up until early July.

- The tawny daylilies by the roadsides are already in full bloom. Ditto.

- Hostas are fully budded out and in some cases, in bloom. Usually appearing mid to late July.

The list just goes on and on. Not to sound like anyone's great-grandmother, but I have never seen the like.,,,,

No comments:

Post a Comment