Wednesday, June 9, 2010

"Peas" on Earth

Happy, happy, joy, joy!! My peas have begun to produce! I was out after dinner this evening cutting flowers, and I happened to glance over at the pea section - lo and behold, a dozen or so fat little green pods. I grabbed them all, came inside and began sampling. Is there anything in the vegetable world as sweet and luscious as the first garden peas? These were like tiny bites of candy, or eating sugar cubes. Delicious. Of course, it immediately occurred to me that I need to pick and segregate so that I can trial them and decide who makes the cut for next year, and who isn't worth bothering with. But that will be for next time. For the moment, I let greed take the helm. After all, I think I planted 8 or 9 different varieties, and the season's just beginning. Plenty of time and opportunity coming to be scientific about it all. Let there be peas on earth, and let them be in my mouth!

No comments:

Post a Comment