Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Garden Study


I have determined this year to do a survey of my garden and figure out approximately what kinds of perennial plants I have, and how many of each. I will skip genus for now, begin with species, then (hopefully) document cultivars. It's something of an undertaking, because I am a plant collector, and I have a fearsome quantity of plants here. It's a good summer to do it, because we aren't really going anywhere to speak of, so I'll have the time. Unfortunately, I'll have to work from memory for the early spring/spring plants and bulbs, but since my husband is an inveterate record-keeper (to say nothing of a thoroughgoing packrat), I may be able to cull old plant/bulb orders for assistance. I'll post the list of species when it's done, and then some time in the future I'll come out with the cultivar list. I intend to include any annuals and/or biennials that have found the place to their liking year after year, so purists may scoff. Personally, I don't give a rip - I'm doing it for my own enlightenment and enjoyment, and that's how it is. And now that life has finally (!) settled down from My First Trip Abroad, I'm feeling the need to do some posts concerning garden adventures in the Netherlands. At least, as soon as I figure out how to post the photos..........

No comments:

Post a Comment