Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Weird Weather

Today was one of the strangest days in what's so far been a very strange spring season. I awakened about 5 this morning to the booming sound of high winds - a cold front was coming through. When I got up, it was gloomy and getting steadily darker. While eating my breakfast, I had the misfortune to glance out the window - it was snowing. Like blazes. It looked like the kind of wind-driven, blizzardy snow squalls we usually have here in December. It was a bizarre sight to look out at the crabapple in full bloom, at all the tulips, narcissus and violets and see something like that! We had squalls off and on all morning. I kept throwing middle fingers up into the air, but the cats were delighted. Snowflakes apparently ROCK, and my housework was accompanied by the sounds of the cats pounding on the sliding door, smacking at the flakes as they hit the patio. I'm glad someone was happy about it - it sure as hell wasn't me.........

No comments:

Post a Comment