Saturday, November 28, 2009

The Good Times Ain't Rollin Any More

There's a saying here in the Rochester, NY area -"No sun? November!" Well, not this year. It may have reverted to the old, familiar November today (windy and gray), but we have just come off of a record-breaker. We have yet to experience any snowfall, and this is the latest that's happened in nearly half a century! The temperature stats are even more amazing. This is the warmest November here in 70 years. It has been an incredible run - I think we only had clouds and/or rain 4 or 5 days this month, and only one of those days had more than a trace of rain. Nearly every day was sunny, with cloudless blue skies. It was an absolute joy to work outdoors and not freeze my assets doing it. I noticed that a lot of folks took advantage of the weather gods' benevolence and got their outdoor Christmas decorating done. Can't say I blame them. Especially since there was a noticeable lack of wind - and I will state unequivocally that I have never lived anywhere as windy as here. It's an event when it's NOT a windy day. Much to my amusement (and amazement), the natives don't agree with me. Here, winds of 20 mph are considered to be a "light breeze". Which has always made raking leaves a real undertaking. But oh, this year - this November was one to savor; one to keep in memory and relive in years to come, when November reverts to normal again......

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love when one of those great warm days arrives in the midst of cold! Sounds like you took full advantage of it!

    ReplyDelete