Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Lilac Time!



I've got a really filthy bronchial infection that we brought home from our trip, and reason would dictate that I stay indoors until I start improving.  Well, reason can take a hike.  It was sunny and warm today, and when I looked out and saw my lilacs blooming, I had to go out.  I have 8 different varieties and I buried my nose in every single one.  Going around the property:  'Sensation' out front (purple with white picotee edge), 'George Eastman' on the southwest corner (a smaller-flowered wine color).  'Dappled Dawn' on the northwest corner (blue-violet with gold-variegated leaves), then in the back yard I have single and double-flowered whites; 'Primrose' that opens a butter yellow and matures to cream; the lovely, pale pink 'Beauty of Moscow' and finally, the wine purple of 'Charles Joly'.  Along with all the violets carpeting my flowerbeds, the dominant color at the moment seems to be purple.

No comments:

Post a Comment